Scandinavian stove in Greece

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella

Burning Hunk
I was recently invited to a restored village house in the mountains which is for sale, built in 1716. The Danish owner had imported and installed a Scandinavian stove which I thought members might like to see. I have no idea what make it is but I was assured that it functions well. His wood store doubles as a viewpoint towards the coastline shown in the attached photo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 250
  • woodshed.jpg
    woodshed.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
How do real estate values compare to the US? I just got back from Italy and we saw some great bargains inland but nothing that excited me enough to buy.

Yes, but I failed to see it and the village is too far for me to go back to as I only have a bicycle. If and when we have a viewer for the house, I will go with the agent and take a look. Any takers for a restored mountain village house in the Peloponnesus?
Must be a tough ride up; fast ride down if it's in the mountains;lol

Just curious on origin and maker ... Danish like the previous home owner or just his preference?

How do real estate values compare to the US? I just got back from Italy and we saw some great bargains inland but nothing that excited me enough to buy.
Don't know anything about US prices but here this house is priced at 120,000 euros including all furniture. It is a remote village with a cafenion but no shop. Travelling shops with fish, bread and vegetables visit twice a week. The scenery is spectacular but transport is definitely needed.

Homemade stove? Judging by the flue color it's letting a lot of heat go up the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.