SCORE!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
not really ... got a little 8 ton wood splitter from HD for a 150 plus a 10% discount
its a 6.5 BS engine
i also found out hd sells reconditioned splitters for 400 bucks ...... good luck finding one (20 ton)

That is a great score. I bought an 8 ton splitter from Menards a few years ago and it cost me $500.

Nice. I have been splitting 95% of what I scrounged over the winter with a little splitter. It is small enough that I pull it along with me instead of ever moving wood to it. There are still a few rounds that I set aside for the big splitter, but not many. Good luck with it.

i have been calling every HD around trying to find a reconditioned one... no luck they have swishers in some stores for 1300..... i am tempted to buy return and buy again for 400!... but hopefully this saves my back a little and when big ones come i will pull out the axe and either make them smaller or just split em with the axe... but best believe this fall i will be looking for a recon

I've checked the local HD and haven't found any scores like some on here have mentioned. For $250-$150....I'd buy one for the heck of it!

Skier76 said:
I've checked the local HD and haven't found any scores like some on here have mentioned. For $250-$150....I'd buy one for the heck of it!

i know a couple of them have the trail warrior 12 ton for 650

iceman said:
not really ... got a little 8 ton wood splitter from HD for a 150 plus a 10% discount
its a 6.5 BS engine
i also found out hd sells reconditioned splitters for 400 bucks ...... good luck finding one (20 ton)

Brand new!?!

Tfin said:
iceman said:
its a 6.5 BS engine

Brand new!?!

the splitter i bought was brand new... and yes the trailwarrior price is brand new
HD does sell their reconditioned ones (if someone puts gas in it they have to sell it as recon) for as low as 400

Hell i was thinking of buying a swisher then returning it and tell my buddy to buy it back at 400!
but that would be wrong... but its tempting
so i will wait till this fall and get a recon for 400

A lot of rental places around here would sell off all thier Summer rentals (like lawn mowers and such) in the Fall.
They probably do the same with splitters, maybe HD does, too. Don't know when 'end of season' would be with splitters, though. But that's cuz I could use one year round around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.