Scored 22 Plastic Pallets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

7acres

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2013
South East USA
My neighbor found a business with a big stack of plastic pallets. They wanted $2 per. He bought them all and sold me 22 of them for what he paid. Woo Hoo! I still need another dozen pallets to completely convert my holding area from wood to plastic. But I've got plenty of time to find more now. :)

My neighbor found a business with a big stack of plastic pallets. They wanted $2 per. He bought them all and sold me 22 of them for what he paid. Woo Hoo! I still need another dozen pallets to completely convert my holding area from wood to plastic. But I've got plenty of time to find more now. :)
Great score! That's got to be better than replacing the wooden ones every other year due to rot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's a good find. Good luck on finding the last dozen. Usually folks want way more than $2 for those babies.

That's a good find. Good luck on finding the last dozen. Usually folks want way more than $2 for those babies.

No kidding. On Craigslist in this area there's a guy selling them for $20 a piece. Nuts!

Thread is useless without pics lol

Reactions: Highbeam
I know this thread is a bit older but do you have any pics of your stacks on these pallets? My dads warehouse has some of these plastic pallets and I am going to pick up a few. Any Maryland guys interested, I can see how many they have. His boss wants some $ for these but I dont know how much. I can probably get them for 5-8$ each. I like jess because the air can circulate easily because they are not solid plastic.

48x40

b3f99cdc94e66f338abc35abadfec52e.jpg

**EDIT - I just noticed on CL that there is a guy selling a ton of these for $6 each.

Last edited:
Not sure where you guys are but if you search CL in Baltimore there is a large stack of them being offered for $6 each.

I have worked in the cargo industry and have seen plastic pallets used for seafood, furniture, woman’s accessories. They are durable, light and last a long time.

My dad only has 15 currently in his warehouse and I took 5 today initially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slocum
Northern Tool sells them but they are expensive. We used to get a few in @ the machine shop I worked at, usually on Panama or Conway freight trucks.

Those are fantastic. I have a limitless supply of wooden pallets from the building next to my work, but I would love some plastic ones, you'd never have to switch them out. Nice score there

Reactions: yinpin
What kind of business uses plastic pallets? I can't say that I've seen them. I'd like some myself.
Food facilities that don't want dirt and dust from wood pallets.

Also, facilities that have an ongoing recycling program and trucks that run a shipping return loop.

Check liquor stores. The beer pallets is what i am using. Two rows of 18" splits fits perfect. And i belive 5 pallets wide is a cord. Which is two rows 12' long. I work for a liquor distribution company and have an unlimited supply. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20180402_155315.jpg
    20180402_155315.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Slocum and JimBear
Check liquor stores. The beer pallets is what i am using. Two rows of 18" splits fits perfect. And i belive 5 pallets wide is a cord. Which is two rows 12' long. I work for a liquor distribution company and have an unlimited supply. Hope this helps

Heres a couple more

Attachments

• 20180408_195750.jpg
    20180408_195750.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 20180402_155342.jpg
    20180402_155342.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: Slocum and JimBear