Scored some construction scraps, no nails

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

area_man

Burning Hunk
Feb 12, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Conveniently stored under a rained-on pile of sawdust and frozen into bite-sized chunks, I found literal CENTIMETERS of construction trash just waiting to be picked up.

A man from a neighboring trailer asked if I wanted to borrow a bucket to transfer said wood chunks to the back of my Explorer, so I figured I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Turns out he's a Jehovah's Witness, and he's not really taking the hint that my family's been with the same religious organization for the last five centuries. I paid extra for that bucket.

In the end, I wound up with maybe 15 cubic feet of dimensional lumber scraps and a little sawdust to vacuum out of the back of my rig.

Nevertheless, the pile of scrounged wood continues to pile up. My original scrounge is burning in my stove tonight. I guess it was about two years ago that my oak limbs made their way into my woodpile. The little sticks (2" and less) are dry enough to boil the water out of everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.