Scored some wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
The title is a huge understatement. I was driving down my street the other day and saw my neighbor from down the road. I stopped to say high and he told me that he had a couple of trees taken down because they were leaning towards his log cabin, and that all the wood was oak. Today I drove down the road in my kubuta and through the woods to where he said the trees were dropped. Come to fined out, the one tree is a 44 in base tree and the other tree is an 18 in base tree. Just a massive ammount of wood. Im not going to be able to grab all of it as playing with rounds of 40 inches is my limit. All of the trees back there are huge. Take a look at the picks, the trees are dwarfing my equipment. I took a pic of what i cut up in an hour and a half, it didn't mak a dent in whats there. Im going to be worki g on thhis one for a bit..
20190205_144726.jpg
20190205_144840.jpg
20190205_155856.jpg
20190205_144717.jpg

Nice score. I believe that just might entitle you to a “You Suck”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dobish
Nice score. I believe that just might entitle you to a “You Suck”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally suck.. im sitting on 8 cords in my wood shed css. I have 4 cords of oak on rounds at my shop all cut to 18in ready to be split, and all of this. The thing is .. im addicted to wood. I just cant let it sit there and rot.. im going to take what i need for this year to fill up my shed and the rest will be cut to log lenth and im going to place it at the back of my property on treated limber for next year..
@Jan Pijpelink if your intrested hit me up..im more than happy to hook a brother up..

A beautiful sight. I would like to take on that 42 inch badass with my Monster Maul and I bet I could split it. Oak splits pretty well and I have split 36 inch red oak with my maul.

Merry Christmas to you what a score!

I totally suck.. im sitting on 8 cords in my wood shed css. I have 4 cords of oak on rounds at my shop all cut to 18in ready to be split, and all of this. The thing is .. im addicted to wood. I just cant let it sit there and rot.. im going to take what i need for this year to fill up my shed and the rest will be cut to log lenth and im going to place it at the back of my property on treated limber for next year..
@Jan Pijpelink if your intrested hit me up..im more than happy to hook a brother up..
@Woodsplitter67 I plan to be splitting this Saturday, but I will call you when I am done. Thanks for the heads up!

Big timber in that wood lot, that beech next to the bobcat is pretty massive, nice score!

I was eyeing up that beech.. theres several on his lot.. all over 40 inches. The front part by the road has all trees in the 16 to 24 inches the back and side yard is all REALLY big wood.

Reactions: Dtcryan
im sitting on 8 cords in my wood shed css. I have 4 cords of oak on rounds at my shop
That's not enough.. bring the stock up to 15 cords then worry about hording.