Sealing Wall Thimble in a concrete wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MTBSully

Oct 8, 2021
Hello All,

Recently had my foundation cored and installed my thimble and through wall chimney pipe. The thimble is through my concrete foundation and within the thimble I am using triple wall class A chimney pipe. The picture below highlights my question. There is a very small gap between the thimble and the concrete wall, as well as the triple wall pipe and thimble. What can i use to seal these up? Some sort of non combustible insulation, foam or sealant? I can feel a significant draft through these areas so im sure they arent intended to be left like this. What products do you recommend? Thanks!

20211128_103124.jpg

It can be cemented in, or stove door gasket can be used. Follow with a bead of divine or RTV.

Im thinking some black silicone RTV. The GE silicone is rated to 400F and the class A pipe should get anywhere close to that hot