searching for a moisture meter and some are not cheap!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this one and can not get it to work. It is not worth driving back to the store to return a $12 item.

Vic99 said:
I wouldn't use the Cenn Tech/Harbor Freight model for scientific accuracy. That said, when I put a 22% of less moisture split in the stove, I do not see/hear bubbling/hissing like you do with wet wood. Likewise, most kiln dried stuff reads 7-9 % with this meter. I like the meter because it is a cheap consistent measurement.

Although not fragile, don't drop a split on it.

Well worth the price.

GunSeth said:
GunSeth said:
stanleyjohn said:
Thanks for all the info!I just ordered the $14.99 yellow cheapie moisture meter from harbor freight.From what some of you here have said about it,i think it will be good enough to get an idea on my woods moisture content.Dont know when ill get it but i presume they will ship ups ground.

I just ordered one as well. Thanks for the reviews, everyone.

Well, I got mine this past weekend, but the wires that the battery attaches to were not connected to the meter. I've e-mailed Harbor Freight to get a return label; I hope it's not too much of a pain to get a replacement unit.

I got an e-mail from Harbor Freight customer service. I don't need to send the broker one back, they're going to send me another meter. So far, so good; let's just hope this one works!

Status
Not open for further replies.