Second burn in BlazeKing (pic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I got this insert installed just in time.
It is currently blowing snow here in Wyoming.
I came home from work to a 79 degree house. Very nice!
I love this thing!!!

Brad

Attachments

• DSC02724.JPG
    DSC02724.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC02723.JPG
    DSC02723.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 534
Very sweet looking insert. I doubt you will ever come to a cold house again. :)

You're my kinda guy. Install it. Load it and leave. ;-)

Beautiful. Rick

I can't say it enough but Thanks again fellas.
I probably wouldn't have tackled this install myself
without the help of you guys. Hopefully now that i've
installed one, i can help field some questions from people
looking to install their own.

Brad

I thought CAT stoves did have big flames in them like that. Did you turn it up for the picture? My neighbor has a cat and I've never seen it burn but he says its like what a cigar burn

Karl, yes i did stoke it a bit for the picture.
I still can't get over the burn times. I've burnt regular fireplaces for years.
Constantly throwing wood at it and not really getting any heat.
I am literally sweating over here trying to get the secondary burn to kick off.
I had it flickering but never really took off. I guess this is the CAT learning curve
i kept hearing about. I was scared i didn't cut enough wood this year, but after burning this stove
for two days now, i think i will be just fine. :coolsmile:

Brad

Yeah flames, in my Keystone, much of my burn is slow lazy flames that dance and swirl all around the firebox. Very mesmerizing. When the combustor is ignited, I can damp it down to a "cigar" burn, but in my set up at least, I generally will start getting some back puffing at some point in a load if I do that. Once it's about 2/3rds burned, modestly well coaled, set very, very low, I'll get no back puffing any more.

Good to see you reaping the rewards of your labor Brad. It feels twice as good when you have the pride of doing it yourself, doesn't it? That's a fine looking fire. Thanks for the great shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.