Secondary air intake on Century FW2470

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to partially block the secondary air intake on my stove as the jets of flame are intense enough to burn rows of holes down into the logs, especially this year as I'm burning wood that was cut/split/stacked 2 and 3 years ago. I'm definitely burning through loads of wood faster than in the past.

Parts diagram (https://www.century-heating.com/en/parts/search/?productId=CB00002) doesn't show the position of the air intake port, and since it's a mobile home approved unit and would have to take all combustion air from a OAK if installed in such a home, the secondary intake is hidden somewhere under the metal OAK mounting flange that is welded in place directly under the firebox inside the pedestal. The secondary air comes up into the firebox through a 2x2 metal tube in the gap shown between the rear wall firebricks and connects into the integral perforated baffle.

Tried feeling around above the OAK flange without success, also tried various placements of tin foil balls inside that welded flange and didn't notice any air reduction. Would any other members know exactly where this intake is placed? Thanks!

Merry Christmas to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.