Secondary Burn Tube Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shovelshort

Aug 27, 2019
Ohio
I just bought a home with an approximately 10-11 year old Canyon Country series 310. The secondary burn tubes (4) were shot so I ordered a new set along with new baffle board and blanket. Even though two were rusted through and the other two looked pretty bad, I had to cut them out. I am having great difficulty putting in the new tubes even though the directions act like it’s simple to just put them in. I was able to put the back one in with just a little pounding but no luck with the rest.

Has anyone changed these out before? Is there some trick I’m missing? Should I just pound the rest in or am I risking damaging the fire box?

Not positive but if it is like the smaller Country stoves the burn tubes are inserted in the right side first, then slide back into the left side hole a little until it hits the stop. Then tighten the clamp on the right side snug against the manifold.

T
Not positive but if it is like the smaller Country stoves the burn tubes are inserted in the right side first, then slide back into the left side hole a little until it hits the stop. Then tighten the clamp on the right side snug against the manifold.

That is exactly how the directions state how to do it, but the width of the box isn’t wide enough for it to just slide in. I’ve attached a picture of the back tube in (4) but the next one (3) is wedged in and will not slide any further.

Attachments

• EC1D67A7-2AF1-4C1D-9535-40FB1619B46F.jpeg
    EC1D67A7-2AF1-4C1D-9535-40FB1619B46F.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 264
  • B4380DBD-0C48-44D8-98C9-361CBEDA9FB7.jpeg
    B4380DBD-0C48-44D8-98C9-361CBEDA9FB7.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 243
The hole on the right side should allow the tube to slide in. If not look for an obstruction or burr on the right end of the tube that is preventing this.

Are any of the old tubes able to be measured to verify length?

Try inserting it at a slight angle with the left side lower a couple few inches.

The hole on the right side should allow the tube to slide in. If not look for an obstruction or burr on the right end of the tube that is preventing this.

Woohoo! I got them in. You were right. I took the Dremel tool with a grinding wheel and grinded down the edges and polished around it and the holes. Slid right in. Crazy how that little amount of metal was keeping it from going in. Thanks folks.