See any safety problems with warping ovalized pipe to be round?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhone

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2005
I pretty much ripped out my liner, and found the flex pipe at the end is all oval flex, it wasn't round that they ovalized at all. I put a 2x4 into the ovalized flex and spun it around. That removed a bit of the ovalization. I then put a 2x6 into it, and spun it around. That makes it pretty close to being round. See any problems structurally with doing that? Pricing stainless flex pipe, it would be around $300 for me to replace the small portion of flex at the end. I'd like to use what I have.

Also, found out I don't have to cut the damper. The opening of the damper is the same as the opening of the masonry above. So, think bending ovalized flex pipe to be round structurally weakens the flex?

Status
Not open for further replies.