Seed catalogs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
As spring approaches, I figure it's time to start thinking about the garden.

I try to start almost everything from seed. So much cheaper, and so much more variety.

I am hoping to get some good recommendations for favorite seed companies to order from. I've use Gurney's and Jung in the past, and really like both.

But, their shipping charges (particularly Gurney's) are outrageous.

Anyone have some good recommendations for a seed catalog company that they really like?

Going to try these guys:

https://migardener.com

They have a YouTube channel I've watched a bit of . Price is right...

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Seed viability is important to me. I haven't had as good luck with Jung as I have with Burpee in this regard. Burpee is expensive, but they have a lot of sales if you are on their mailing list. Sometimes they are 50% off. Their seed viability has been very good for me. The other thing that's important is getting a winning variety for your garden or greenhouse. Burpee sells Brandy Boy tomatoes and Sweet Success cukes. Both have been winners for us, especially Sweet Success. I have one just sprouting in a pot in our kitchen right now. The seeds are always good for a couple years so I get good mileage out of a package. I also like Johnny's for some special varieties. They are quite reliable. Out west we buy from Territorial Seed Company too and Ed Hume.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I put my order in. 12 packs of seeds. 99c each with 3.75 shipping and handling. Bought way too many seeds. Will pant too many of them and drive the wife crazy with harvest. Life will go on. Lol