Self-Issued Certificate of Source / New York State DEC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that you should have it if you are on the road. I also read that there is no actual enforcement now, but that you should have it.

I would say that since the transport is
less than 50 miles, it is not needed.

I keep some blank forms in my truck anyway.

"If you choose to transport firewood within New York State:
o It must have a receipt or label that has the firewood's source and it must remain within 50 miles of that source.
o For firewood not purchased (i.e. cut from your own property) you must have a Self-Issued Certificate of Source (pdf, 100kb), and it must be sourced within 50 miles of your destination."

Quoted from the posted link.

I camped in a state campground this summer. I brought in my own firewood, it looked like just about everyone else did also, and nobody asked any questions. There were some signs up.

Global trade and shipping carelessness has brought this on us.
We have to control and stop these unwanted pests before
they destroy us and our beautiful countryside. Please try to
follow the transport rule.

Definitely all these critters are illegal immigrants!

I have found NYS DEC officers to be great to deal with, if you have
the chance.

They have the highest uniformed authority in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.