Selkirk Double Wall Pipe Questions for BK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calentarse

Feeling the Heat
Feb 25, 2011
MD
Hello all. So I'll be replacing my single wall pipe from the BK in the house up to the ceiling. It's a 58" direct stretch from stove to ceiling. If I measure pipe length, i t's 34", 45 turn, 26", 45 turn then 4" up to the ceiling adapter. Those measurements include the 45 degree pipes. I basically measured the straight lines. I have some questions that my chimney guy will most likely answer on Friday but I wanted to run some questions by you guys first.

The chimney says SuperVent on it, so I assume it's Selkerk?
  1. Does anyone have Selkirk pipe connected to an Ashford 30? If so, does it connect directly or do you need an adapter?
  2. Is there a pipe that will run 34" from stove to my first 45 degree?
  3. At the ceiling, I have single wall running into the ceiling adapter. Will I need a different ceiling adapter for the DWP or some sort of adapter?
  4. I've been shopping online, and can't find one vendor that sells the telescoping/fixed pieces/lengths that I need. Does anyone recommend a particular vendor?
Thank you-
Brian

IMAG2058[1].jpg

Check Duravent DVL pipe. They make a telescoping pipe of 29 to 46 inches which should give you your 34 inches. Beware that you read the details of each pipe. It is typical that they leave out little details like the pipe is actually a bit shorter than you might imagine because they measure from end to end with it not installed rather than subtracting the part that fits inside the next pipe section. That will throw off measurements by about 1 1/2 inches or so.

Check Duravent DVL pipe. They make a telescoping pipe of 29 to 46 inches which should give you your 34 inches. Beware that you read the details of each pipe. It is typical that they leave out little details like the pipe is actually a bit shorter than you might imagine because they measure from end to end with it not installed rather than subtracting the part that fits inside the next pipe section. That will throw off measurements by about 1 1/2 inches or so.
Can I use Duravent if my chimney is Supervent? Thought I read somewhere different pipe brands aren't compatible/won't fit together...

Yes, Supervent DSP has a different double-wall construction than DVL. I'm not sure if you could get that to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.