Selling my Quadrafire MVAE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PelletGirl

Burning Hunk
Oct 25, 2014
Long Island, NY
It has come time to sell my MVAE. I need help on pricing. It needs a lid as my ex took that part with him. No issues, works fine and all extra parts, one bag of pellets and thermostat go with it. It is a brown enamel color with a few small chips. Any idea what a fair price to sell? It was used for several years but not last winter. Thanks for any input. This forum has helped me immensely.

A nice premium stove like that used is normally 2000-2500. A new comparable heater is 5K plus... Someone will grab it up. A lot of folks will want to see it work though, before spending that kind of money. Stay warm.

Thank you for the reply stovelark. As the hopper lid is missing, what would be a reasonable ask price for the stove?

If you can, try to source a lid. You’ll be beat down on price way more than a lid probably costs if you try to sell it without one.

Reactions: johneh
Yes, you'll have to get a lid from a dealer. Make sure you have serial number of unit if possible, hope it wasn't on the lid...
Look in an AE manual and get the part number of the pieces you need and try not to be shocked at cost/availability of replacement costs. Good luck with her.