seraph stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johninwi

Burning Hunk
Aug 22, 2014
madison wisconsin
Wandering the web came across these's guy's. The stove looks like it might have some good features but haven't found much on the web about them. Intresting they have actual effiency rating's from the epa and a 3rd party.

A company that's been around for 10 years i'd expect there to be a bit info on the web, there's surprisingly little.

Anything anyone knows about them would be of intrest.

http://www.seraph-industries.com/

Threw International Falls, MN zip in the dealer search box ... nearest one is over 300 miles away. Should be one nearer you johninwi ... time for you to go scouting for us ;)

Interesting to see they are working on developing hydronic MF stove. They mention third party testing but don't post results on their site. Seems to hit the EPA step 1 target but a bit shy of step 2. Hopper capacity of 80 is good - 120 lbs with extension is even better!

Manufacturing plant at South Beloit, that's lees than hour south of you John. I go thru there couple times a year. I would consider the smaller one, but the bigger one is rated for 60k. What convection fans? CFM

273 cfm fan, would like to hear it run first, it would still be a basement install if i change so the noise isn't a deal breaker but still a consideration.

The hydronics mentioned on thier site got my attention too. I know Bioburner has the crosslink setup so i could go that route but being able to control the stirrer independantly is intresting.

No, can't justify a new stove, but i can justify a new toy. And with the things SidecarFlip has writter about his stove and the control adjustability it make me realize how limited the harman is. And yes i'm aware i may banned for the last blasfmeous statment.

I'll have to find out it the 106 has the stainless interior parts the 108 has, much more research to do but the initial impression look good. I did like somewhere in the documents they mentioned using something to inhibit corrosion at the end of a cprn burning season, they didn't suggest any one product thou.

I find the Seraph quite interesting and have seen some posts about it over the years. It's probably at the top of my list currently if I need to replace the Multi fuel stoves I currently have. I would opt for the 106x with the 120 lb hopper and Northern lights option. There's a lot more fuel options out there other than wood pellets and I prefer a multi fuel stove.

I think my stove in the living room has a 270 cfm fan and it moves alot of air.

Best wishes in your search.

The Bixby room fan is exhaust temp dependent and is a German made unit. Big fan that only runs when it needs to. Works well but sometimes you need the extra cfm so a self manageable fan would be nice.
Their web site could give more details instead of having to request info.

I can't see that pot working after it gets a heavy build up of carbon on it. Those mating surfaces are going to have to stay relatively flat to work right and I can't see that happening once carbon forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.