Serenity stove just quits after 15-20 minutes, any ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I think I’ve gotten to the bottom of the not feeding problem, the auger motor won’t run at cold temperatures. My stove is in my garage/workshop, the colder it is the worse it runs until the room warms to around 30F. -25F and hand feeding it until heating mode and the stove warms up it starts feeding better, the warmer the better. I put a halogen light on it this morning for about 2 hours and it started on it’s own and is running fine. I found out service conditions for auger are -4F. Castle people said most stoves are in a home not exposed to cold temperatures. Makes no sense to make a stove that doesn’t work when it’s cold. Thing is, their literature doesn’t say anywhere that they’re not suitable for garages and workshops.

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
You may be able to remove the auger motor and clean the gearbox out and fill it with a lighter grease, lithium may be a lil more forgiving in colder temps