Blandinsville

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Pellets look good.did you get a chance to ck the rpm of the auger motor?

3. ARC

ARC
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2017
    Loc:
    Au Sable Forks, NY
    Previous owner could have changed setting try resetting to factory defaults.

Factory Defaults: To return the control to is original factory default settings, Press and
    hold the “B” and “C” until P1 Appears, use the heat range arrow to increase to P9 and Press
    the ON Button. The unit will Turn Off and the board will be reset.

Ssyko likes this.
  4. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    <—— taking notes ;)

5. Geeroj

Geeroj
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Blandinsville
    I didn't get a chance yet, but I'm almost certain it is 4 RPM.

6. Geeroj

Geeroj
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Blandinsville
    I'll try the factory reset when I get home. Thanks... I'm crossing my fingers that will help.

7. Geeroj

Geeroj
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Blandinsville
    The factory reset may have done the trick.I still have the auger turned up to 9 and the blower set at 1, and it is barely hanging on. It's been running for about 30-45 mins and the flame hasn't gone out. I have it running it on setting 5. I'm guessing the flames are typically small in these things? Even on setting 9 the flame was small. I'll keep checking on it (it's in the garage being vented out the door). I'm guessing it will heat better once I get it hooked up inside? The heat seems mediocre in the garage.

8. Geeroj

Geeroj
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Blandinsville
    So, after a factory reset, the stove seemed to run steady on heat setting 5 (as mentioned above, I adjusted the auger to 9 and blower to 1). When I turned it up to 8, it was not able to feed the pellets fast enough, and the flame went out after about 15 mins. Setting 5 may be hot enough once I get it inside, but I'd still like for it to work in its entirety. Any final thoughts or suggestions? Would US Stove be any help?

9. ARC

ARC
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2017
    Loc:
    Au Sable Forks, NY
    Yes US Stove customer service is very helpful, they will want to know model and serial number of stove.

The A button should be set to 4 and the B should be 3 the stove is made to run on those settings at 9 and 1 the burn pot should be overfilling not empty like you describe.

10. Geeroj

Geeroj
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Blandinsville
    The US Stove rep said that I need to make sure there is at least 3 ft of vertical exhaust pipe. If and when I get this thing running right, I will install it with 3 ft of vertical pipe, but I currently am just running a pipe horizontally out the door of my garage while I test the stove. Would vertical piping change the behavior of the burn even when it's a forced exhaust system? Also, she said that maybe the newer 4 button control board might help. Any idea how I get my hands on one of those? Thanks!

11. ARC

ARC
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2017
    Loc:
    Au Sable Forks, NY
    Every foot or elbow of venting would effect/reduce the draft. Not sure if 1 elbow and 3 feet of vertical will reduce enough. I was hoping that they would offer you a slide draft for below your burn pot. The 2nd generation 6039 has a manual slide damper below the burnpot as does the newer 6041.

12. pugowner2

pugowner2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2017
    Loc:
    Elkton, MD

13. pugowner2

pugowner2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2017
    Loc:
    Elkton, MD
    I'm new here and need help with my 6039. Not sure if I'm doing this right. After several weeks of no problems I awoke this morning to no fire burning and no error codes just the green "on" light on control board. The exhaust blower and room blower were both running. The burn pot was full of unburned pellets and agitator was continuously running while auger was barely moving. I cleaned entire stove including hopper and removed auger which was jammed full of sawdust. Now when I'm ready to start up again the red light over the letter c is lit up. There is no mention of the letter c in any troubleshooting guide in manual. This is a 2006 stove and i'm the 2nd owner. Auger motor is fine. Any hlp is greatly appreciated!

14. FirepotPete

FirepotPete
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Titletown U.S.A
    Which control board do you have? ABC or the four button board?

15. pugowner2

pugowner2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2017
    Loc:
    Elkton, MD
    I have the ABC control Board. I went ahead and fired it up Friday night and the light went out and it burned good all night. The main problem I'm having is even on low setting of 2 and 4 this thing has a huge fire that's keeping the main room it's in at around 80 degrees and the glass gets so black you can hardly see the flame after about 8 hours. Also it's burning a lot of pellets. I have the fresh air kit installed and have been running the damper about 3/4 inch open. Any suggestions you can give me on how to tweak this would be much appreciated. I love this stove compared to the Englander I used to have.

16. z1robbie

z1robbie
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 15, 2013
    Loc:
    INDY
    You have an early model .6039 without a draft damper.

US Stove was providing a kit to add damper and two ash cleanouts. Someone here once said it was not necessary the stove will run well without a manual damper.