Settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irotger

Mar 2, 2015
when people talk about running the stove on the lowest setting. How and what does this mean. Again I'm new to all of this. thank you

Basically turn it down. Some stoves are more fussy about setting feed and exhaust or combustion blower rates as you turn down the heat output, others are more automatic. So there is some stove brand or sometimes model specific info that goes along with this.

My Whitfields do not have a thermostat control, the lowest setting is 1 on both the convection blower control and the heat output control. The stove is then on its minimum heat output.

Dave

My stove is room temp or stove temp.stove temp is 1-8.so what I found lowest for me wear I get mild heat is 4 anything lower and it's not worth running .

Status
Not open for further replies.