sharing same flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slatici

Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2008
NH
I am installing a Tarm 40 boiler in my barn and connecting to a new chimney. The recommened flue size is 6 inch and I am using an 8
inch round liner in a standard concrete chimney block. I also want to install a sauna adjacent to the new insulated boiler room and I am contemplating using a wood fired sauna heater which also requires a 6 inch flue. Since the sauna heater does not fire automatically and can be fired when the boiler is not firing is there a problem with connecting both to a standard 8 inch flue? Does increasing the size of the flue help or does increasing the size screw up the draft for the boiler. This chimney will be at least 20 feet high and will be an inside chimney although it is in an unheated barn but I guess it could be boxed and insulated. Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.