sharpened my chains today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
I finally got some me time. Iv been working way to much. I took the morning and sharpened 3 loops that got beat up on some log length that I cut up in june. The logs had some nails in them and man did they do some damage. I got the chains on my grinder and got them back to new. I also went through all of the chains and did the rakers. Looks like Ill need to order a new bar for one saw

I finally got some me time. Iv been working way to much. I took the morning and sharpened 3 loops that got beat up on some log length that I cut up in june. The logs had some nails in them and man did they do some damage. I got the chains on my grinder and got them back to new. I also went through all of the chains and did the rakers. Looks like Ill need to order a new bar for one saw
It's always nice having some sharp chains.

It was a great day to go out back and work on saw stuff. It wasnt even 80 degrees today. Fall will be here before you know it and i have a bunch of log length I need to start working on. Im hoping that I dont run in to anymore nails becausethey mess up a chain pretty quick.. I feel like Im ready for fall and cutting again.. ill probably start in late September..

I need a new bar for 1 saw my 550xp.. its a .325 .050 72... anyone have a good recommendation online.. been short on time and really dont have time to shop

Reactions: thewoodlands