Shipping a Blaze king over seas to Ireland

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mileycooper

Feb 12, 2023
Cork Ireland
Hi all. new member here from Ireland. Doing a house renovation at the end of this year but really interested in importing a Blaze king stove. It's a 1500 square foot bungalow. Having done research I really love this brand.
I was looking at the boxer model.
Would anybody on here know any dealer that would be willing to help with shipping a pallet with the stove on it to Ireland.. your help is much appreciated

Hi all. new member here from Ireland. Doing a house renovation at the end of this year but really interested in importing a Blaze king stove. It's a 1500 square foot bungalow. Having done research I really love this brand.
I was looking at the boxer model.
Would anybody on here know any dealer that would be willing to help with shipping a pallet with the stove on it to Ireland.. your help is much appreciated
I'll pass your request onto our President. He's from Dublin and may know hurdles you may run into. It may be easiest to ship from a Canadian retail location.

When I visited Cork (huge Rory G. fan) I noted peat logs were being used frequently. Peat does not typically work well in cataltyic models, so you may keep this in mind.

You live in a amazing place...roads a bit narrow, but nonetheless amazing.

PM me your contact info please.

BKVP

I'll pass your request onto our President. He's from Dublin and may know hurdles you may run into. It may be easiest to ship from a Canadian retail location.

When I visited Cork (huge Rory G. fan) I noted peat logs were being used frequently. Peat does not typically work well in cataltyic models, so you may keep this in mind.

You live in a amazing place...roads a bit narrow, but nonetheless amazing.

PM me your contact info please.

BKVP
Thanks BKVP, I'm also from Cork. About 20 minutes from Cork City. Glad to hear you liked the area. I'll pm you there

Thanks BKVP, I'm also from Cork. About 20 minutes from Cork City. Glad to hear you liked the area. I'll pm you there
Sounds like there are chances for a little shipping request. I am also from Ireland (Wicklow) and interested in owning a Blaze King

Sounds like there are chances for a little shipping request. I am also from Ireland (Wicklow) and interested in owning a Blaze King
PM mileycooper and see what he has worked out..

Had no luck finding anybody to take on the effort of shipping, I tried to price getting a company to arrange the shipping and only collect the stove at the vendor but shipping was nearly 3k for that size of a pallet, so gave up on the idea sadly. Import taxes and vat would have sent the stove price to over 8 to 9 k.

Had no luck finding anybody to take on the effort of shipping, I tried to price getting a company to arrange the shipping and only collect the stove at the vendor but shipping was nearly 3k for that size of a pallet, so gave up on the idea sadly. Import taxes and vat would have sent the stove price to over 8 to 9 k.
Sorry I was afraid of that..

If the boat sinks, no worries. A BK will float for a while. 😆

Would have loved to have one. There really is an opening in the market over here in Europe for a stove like these. Such long burning and all. Having huge energy costs here any thing that would have helped would be great. Electric has basically doubled in the last year and a bit

Government are trying so hard to push underfloor heating by means of an heat recovery pump. I've heard due to these installations people's bills are like 800euro a month

Government are trying so hard to push underfloor heating by means of an heat recovery pump. I've heard due to these installations people's bills are like 800euro a month
That sounds like a lot. And if those are not particularly large houses...oh my! 😟

Prices have come down, but at my parents the kWh cost at some point last year was.73 eurocent...

This winter when I was researching stoves, I saw a princess for sale cheap in what I thought was NY. It was England. Guy said they couldn’t sell them. Dealer. Birmingham? FWIW

This winter when I was researching stoves, I saw a princess for sale cheap in what I thought was NY. It was England. Guy said they couldn’t sell them. Dealer. Birmingham? FWIW
Blaze King's parent company has acquired ACR Stoves in the UK. So there must have been some funky connection on the web. ACR is a major provider in the UK, eastern Europe of many home heaters.

What is your view of possible future sales of BKs in Europe? (My parents are interested :) ).

Emissions requirements are a patchwork across Europe. The actual tests are different and various countries require you meet their requirements. We had a dealer in Sweden at one time and a distributor in eastern Europe. Generally, the cost to ship overseas make the stoves too costly for many folks. We have our units approved for sale in New Zealand's ULB. This is a cordwood test and we did exceptionally well so our stoves can be sold across both the North Island and the Southern Island. Given this is the most advance test method using cordwood that is actual use, you would think meetings the certification requirements would make stoves eligible for sales elsewhere......not a chance!

Reactions: stoveliker
Sounds like there's at least some anecdotal evidence to suggest there may be some real demand for BK's in the UK, if not continental Europe. They certainly have a climate favoring the "low and slow" where BK's really shine.

I used to work for a company that imported 200 - 300 pallets per year from Stuttgart to Philly, and can say our cost was only a few hundred dollars per pallet, thanks in part to that total yearly volume. It's possible there's some merit in setting up a UK importer for BK, as I imagine emissions standards and testing may be standardized across the UK countries (England, Scottland, Wales, Ireland).

Continental Europe is a whole 'nuther ball of wax, in terms of emissions regulations, safety testing, hazardous materials (RoHS and now REACH), and everything else. Depending on product type and end use, the UK and Europe can be two very different entities, with regard to exporting product manufactured in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKVP