Shopping list for a flue lining

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryS

Nov 21, 2008
Central MO
I cleaned and measured my flue yesterday. I'm going to line it with SS liner due to some condensation problems I'm having (see my other post, I won't go into it here).

My flue is 21' from top to bottom of cleanout so I'll need a 20' section. I'll also need a Tee. Do I have to install some type of cap for flange at the top? I may also need a new collar or something where the 6" pipe will go into the 8" pipe on the hearth. What else do I need?

Are you buying a liner kit online or how are you getting the SS liner?
I ordered my kit on line and it came with everything you need. They sell different types as to the bottom connection that you will need and they will change out the top cap for a small fee to fit what ever the top cap needs to be. I just did mine two weeks ago.

Getting a kit. Just ordered it. Should have everything I need except for a way to seal around the pipe that goes into the brick. I think I will find some hi-temp insulation and a decorative collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.