Should I replace my gaskets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Taillon27

Jun 9, 2018
Albany Area, NY
Hi All,

I recently purchased an Englander 25-EP from AM/FM Energy that was factory refurbished. I did the dollar and lighter test on the ash drawer, pellet lid and glass door and there are some spots on both the ash drawer and pellet lid where there is little to no resistance with a dollar bill and I saw some pulling from the stove with the lighter test when running.

The stove came with a full warranty as if it was new. Two questions... should I bother replacing the gaskets at this point if the stove seems to be running fine? And if so, should I call Englander to see if they can ship me some gaskets, or will they want me to send the stove in for repairs?

Thanks for any input in advance!