Side Burn Plates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheStash

Dec 8, 2022
Wappingers Falls, NY
Hi,
I have an old stove that needs side burn plates but I can't seem to find then.
Attached are some pictures and I'm hoping someone on here can help.
The mounting holes appear to be 5 3/4 in on center.

In my search I found this link where the plates look very similar but I'd like to be sure because it's not a Jotul.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/jotul-118-burn-plates.66930/

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tony

20221207_110307.jpg 20221207_115956.jpg 20221207_120006.jpg 20221207_120016.jpg 20221207_120043.jpg 20221207_122328.jpg 20221208_150656.jpg

Reactions: TheStash
This posting has been bugging me. I knew there was some history here. Look all around the stove for some more identification. It may be one by Atlanta Stove Works. If so, I am not sure the Jotul 118 burn plates will work. Measure carefully.
If you can't find anything, they could be cut out of heavy steel.

Looks like a Jotul 118 clone from Taiwan. Jotul burn plates may work.
I agree. Thank you!
Are there specal cotter pins I need to get to deal with the heat?
This posting has been bugging me. I knew there was some history here. Look all around the stove for some more identification. It may be one by Atlanta Stove Works. If so, I am not sure the Jotul 118 burn plates will work. Measure carefully.
If you can't find anything, they could be cut out of heavy steel.

I did nmeasure carefully and the fit matches perfectly for the two stud mounts. My stove has a thrd stud closer to the front that wasn't used so I ordered 10a n the dagram. Fingers crossed.

BTW what type cotter pins should I get that would take the heat?

Thanks again!
t

H again.
I received the new burn blates, however I can't get the cotter pns in!
Tha plates are identical to the old ones. I wouldn't even be ale to get the old ones back in for the same reason.

Reason being, the plates can't get close enough to the sides of the stove to be able to push the pins through. They don't clear the holes.

Is there some kind of trick to it?

It's difficult to show what I mean in these pictures but I tried.

Removng the origiinal pins wasn't easy and now I understand why.

Thanks again for any advice you can gve me.
Tony

20221224_105109.jpg 20221224_104801.jpg

Can it be that the sides are warped enough where fittng these new flat plates will be impossble?
Lookng carefully at the sides now I think they bow in a little in the center.

Maye it's just tme for a new stove?