SidecarFlip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
SidecarFlip, Haven't seen you post for awhile, hope all is well..Just wondered how the corn and pellet mix is doing for you.

I’ve been thinking the same, hopefully busy and all is well…such a valuable member and good guy

Reactions: ARC and Ssyko
You can notify him with @SidecarFlip

Hope he's just working on motorcycle parts 😁

Nope, tried last week

SidecarFlip

Hm, strange. (Why would the site make this link when I type @... When the account is not there anymore...)

Hope he's alright.

Reactions: dw06 and Washed-Up
Me to, always enjoy reading his post, and he is always there to help with stove questions.
Last login was November 15th.

He started posting on another forum a few weeks ago and was active today so he must be doing fine so I'm gonna guess he may have been banned here. I know i personally have him on ignore at both sites, sorry but im not a fan of his wise guy remarks he makes at times.

That would be a shame. Outspoken, but good advice imo. Personalities differ. Ignoring those we don't get along with is better than banning imo.

Good to hear he’s doing ok since he posted about what he’s going through healthwise. I know sometimes his comments rubbed me the wrong way but other times were in agreement. Nobody’s perfect but I see him as a straight shooter with a lot of good advice.

Just my opinion only, but I don’t put anyone on ignore. I see everyone as potentially having something worthwhile to say. Might just take awhile to get some people is all. Except spammers but they get dealt with appropriately.

Just my opinion only, but I don’t put anyone on ignore. I see everyone as potentially having something worthwhile to say. Might just take awhile to get some people is all.
X2

He also gave bad advice and dangerous advice.
Agreed. There's also a difference between being a "straight shooter" and being purposefully offensive. I ignored him shortly after he appeared. Having health issues is not a pass to be a jerk.

I remembered who he is when the corn was mentioned. I didn't know him and when I read his comments it wasn't any different to me than reading anyone else's. Just read and keep going. I could never understand the blocking of people, it isn't like they are right in front of you talking, you are reading, if you see a comment and start reading and don't like it, stop and go to the next one. I guess we all have different outlooks and tolerances.

I remembered who he is when the corn was mentioned. I didn't know him and when I read his comments it wasn't any different to me than reading anyone else's. Just read and keep going. I could never understand the blocking of people, it isn't like they are right in front of you talking, you are reading, if you see a comment and start reading and don't like it, stop and go to the next one. I guess we all have different outlooks and tolerances.
There isn't a next one if you block them. You can still chose to see the comments, even if the person is blocked. It's not a big deal. It's kind of like when you change the channel on the TV because you don't like the show. There's not a chance you will see unwanted programming if you change the channel. By your logic, you should just suffer through things you don't like, because reasons.

I remembered who he is when the corn was mentioned. I didn't know him and when I read his comments it wasn't any different to me than reading anyone else's. Just read and keep going. I could never understand the blocking of people, it isn't like they are right in front of you talking, you are reading, if you see a comment and start reading and don't like it, stop and go to the next one. I guess we all have different outlooks and tolerances
The problem with just ignoring it is that for me, personally, you just get fed up of seeing practically every thread. I also got tired of the same stories, yeah dude we know you get corn for free and tell us every thread in this sub forum. I am new here, but can only imagine how annoying it got for those who have been here for years.

He has had some good, clever advice. Unfortunately most of it came at an opinionated cost. Some of his advice, as stated previously, has been downright wrong or even dangerous. Especially with regards to safety features on the stoves.

Being sick is unfortunate and I do not wish him ill will, but it is not an excuse for rude and opinionated behaviour. This went back years with older posts.

The problem with just ignoring it is that for me, personally, you just get fed up of seeing practically every thread. I also got tired of the same stories, yeah dude we know you get corn for free and tell us every thread in this sub forum. I am new here, but can only imagine how annoying it got for those who have been here for years.

He has had some good, clever advice. Unfortunately most of it came at an opinionated cost. Some of his advice, as stated previously, has been downright wrong or even dangerous. Especially with regards to safety features on the stoves.

Being sick is unfortunate and I do not wish him ill will, but it is not an excuse for rude and opinionated behaviour. This went back years with older posts.
You "speak" eloquently. Nice.

I guess I can understand why the guy has seemingly moved on, some of you guys are talking about the guy like he broke into your domain to **** and pillage...and all because you either don't have the self control to not read his posts (or be effected by them if you do) or for those who are knowingly less disciplined, just simply use the "ignore" feature.
Life is too short to let some dude on the internet saying something you don't like to ruffle your feathers much (me included) but me personally, I'm finding it easier to read his sometimes blunt comments than some of your comments about him...I mean the guy isn't dead n gone, he could very well still be reading this forum everyday...at least he knows where he stands with some of y'all now...although likely doesn't care that much either, since many times it seems like blunt people have pretty thick skin themselves.
My moms side of the family tends to be very direct/blunt...but I am married to a sensitive soul...there is a very healthy balance somewhere in the middle there...

I like the man and he was very knowledgeable about his area of knowledge and personally I like people that tells you what they are thinking even if it hurts a little. I would rather have that then some covert ba-ta-d hiding his disagreements and disliking you every time he or she reads the posting...He was proud of his family, his life long work and as "everyone gets older" we all get a little grumpy because of all that we are dealing with especially ill health...If he was put off the forum I might very well be next for I have my opinions at times too...I miss him already...clancey

Reactions: railfanron
I guess I can understand why the guy has seemingly moved on, some of you guys are talking about the guy like he broke into your domain to **** and pillage...and all because you either don't have the self control to not read his posts (or be effected by them if you do) or for those who are knowingly less disciplined, just simply use the "ignore" feature.
Life is too short to let some dude on the internet saying something you don't like to ruffle your feathers much (me included) but me personally, I'm finding it easier to read his sometimes blunt comments than some of your comments about him...I mean the guy isn't dead n gone, he could very well still be reading this forum everyday...at least he knows where he stands with some of y'all now...although likely doesn't care that much either, since many times it seems like blunt people have pretty thick skin themselves.
My moms side of the family tends to be very direct/blunt...but I am married to a sensitive soul...there is a very healthy balance somewhere in the middle there...
There must be a certain commercial you really hate seeing, if it comes on during your favorite show. I like this forum because it's free of hate, but Mr. Flip was brazen in his hateful attitudes. This is why I ignored him. I'm not shy with the ignore and report features, there are there for a reason. They make the experience more enjoyable. Much like you have modified your stoves, I like to modify other things. The experience of reading forums in my own home is one of those things.

I like this forum because it's free of hate, but Mr. Flip was brazen in his hateful attitudes.
Well, not sure if we are going to be able to totally agree on that first part...but that's ok....and for the second part, I must have missed a lively thread!

When you “ignore” someone it is a greater reflection of you and your ability to tolerate others than it is about the person you ignore. We all have our limits but if you have many people on your ignore list then you may want to look at yourself. Differing viewpoints help us challenge our own opinions and maybe improve ourselves.

Lord knows I’m probably ignored by a few folks!

This whole thread kinda sucks. Could you imagine coming to a forum and finding a thread with your name as the title?

Could you imagine coming to a forum and finding a thread with your name as the title?
Exactly...and being talked about like dirty vermin...might be enough to break an old timers last feeler...

Well said @Highbeam

Though it evolved to suck. It started with asking where he was and if he was ok.

Me thinks we could stick a fork in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.