Single wall pipe connecting to Chimney adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

metelskiy

Nov 18, 2021
Beaverton, OR
I have a telescoping single wall pipe (6DBK-TL) that I’m trying to connect to chimney adapter (6DVL-ADC).
Once I connect chimney adapter to support box, no issues. When I try to connect pipe to adapter, first it seems like it is not holding on, it easily slips out, do I need to use screws to secure them together? Secondly it seems like the adapter can’t fully go into the pipe due to limitation. Do I have wrong setup?

3BDE5C8D-94B1-4A58-B87A-FF6A4DA5EEE7.jpeg

There usually are (2) different stainless steel rings sent with the support boxes, the longer one is made if your running double wall black pipe (dvl) and the shorter one is made for single wall pipe, then there should be a decorative sleeve that covers the gap, I suspect that your using a stainless adapter for dvl pipe and not single wall pipe. Also after it all fits together 3 self tappers are needed to secure it.

I have a telescoping single wall pipe (6DBK-TL) that I’m trying to connect to chimney adapter (6DVL-ADC).
Once I connect chimney adapter to support box, no issues. When I try to connect pipe to adapter, first it seems like it is not holding on, it easily slips out, do I need to use screws to secure them together? Secondly it seems like the adapter can’t fully go into the pipe due to limitation. Do I have wrong setup?

View attachment 286916
Looks to me like you are using a DVL chimney adapter. This is for double-wall, not single-wall.

Check to ensure the single-wall connector is not upside down. On the joint in your telescope, male end should point down, not up.

If you need help, call DuraVent’s tech-support.