single wall removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
is there a trick to getting out the single wall stove pipe without going on the roof and taking the support box out are loosen it?are having to sawzall it at the stovetop adapter? the stove is to heavy to tilt. I'm swapping out for the telescope pipe for easier sweeping but really dont want to destroy the pipe since I'm giving it to my brother that's why I was thinking of sawzalling the adapter? any tricks I cant see?

2018 drolet ht2000

Sometimes the chimney can just be lifted up if it’s a short run. As you know now, a stove should never be installed in a way that prevents you from lifting the stove pipe.

Sometimes the chimney can just be lifted up if it’s a short run. As you know now, a stove should never be installed in a way that prevents you from lifting the stove pipe.
in the support box it has a connection ring that goes from single wall to the triple wall I can go on the roof and take the 2 triple wall down they just lock together but the inside want come out unless I loosen the support box

2018 drolet ht2000

I don’t see how loosening the support box would help. The pipe should twist into an adaptor in the box. If all the screws are removed from the stovepipe it should twist right?

Single wall is so cheap, I’d just saw it off. Typically single wall doesn’t have a stovetop adaptor, is it snap lock pipe?

Single wall is so cheap, I’d just saw it off. Typically single wall doesn’t have a stovetop adaptor, is it snap lock pipe?
yea duravent kit from northern tool. it twist and everything it just cant slide up and down because it was put in snapped in before I secured the support box

2018 drolet ht2000

first 2 pictures are what I currently have and the last one is the telescope pipe I'm changing to.
single wall removal single wall removal single wall removal

2018 drolet ht2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like multiple 6" pieces on the bottom. Slice through and sacrifice the stove adapter just above the flue collar on the stove.

Reactions: webby3650
I would love to know how you are supposed to unsnap the starter piece of single wall from the ceiling support box. The starter piece firmly snaps up in there and unlike the older ceiling support boxes from duravent, the newer one didn’t have the 4 little cutouts to allow you to drop the lock tabs out.

I think the new one is just a slip fit, not snap in. But the single-wall adapter is different than the double-wall adapter so a new one will need to be installed. The SS DVL adapter slips in place (wider end up) and then the trim ring is screwed into place. The DVL is then attached to the adapter + trim ring. I still have the old style but I think there is a video somewhere that shows this.

single wall adapter
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DuraVen...-Chimney-Stove-Pipe-Adapter-6DBK-AD/202269774

It slips in. No snaps.

How this setup is looking I'd guess you would have to lower the chimney support down onto the stovepipe?????

Found the video. The OP is switching to telescoping pipe. That will make it easy.

I know he is switching. Get that.

How did the current setup end up like it is though???

Looks like multiple 6" pieces on the bottom. Slice through and sacrifice the stove adapter just above the flue collar on the stove.
that's right did that to make it fit. with the new telescope pipe not need the adapter? and fit right in the stove collar?
single wall removal

2018 drolet ht2000

this is what I got now up there the pipe just slid in there I didn't put the trim peice on is this correct
single wall removal

2018 drolet ht2000

these 2 are the same and one should be coming out the support box..?
single wall removal

2018 drolet ht2000

Yes the top slides right in. Why not put the collar on?! It helps the pipe not slide out while you drill and place the three screws below.

And it would be best to leave out all that bottom non sense unless the pipe isn't long enough. But I saw no dimensions of anything.

One of those should have been you’re single wall adaptor that went at the top.

Yes the top slides right in. Why not put the collar on?! It helps the pipe not slide out while you drill and place the three screws below.

And it would be best to leave out all that bottom non sense unless the pipe isn't long enough. But I saw no dimensions of anything.
yea I was rigging it up to fit temporarily until I got the telescope pipe

2018 drolet ht2000

thanks for the help guys I would just have had a professional come do this but theres not one for 150 miles so in this situation u am the most qualified to do this considering I have been in construction/ carpenter for 25 years so all the help is greatly appreciated

2018 drolet ht2000