Size of a ton of pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmartinj

Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2007
Hi I just bought a Quadra fire Castile pellet stove to be installed next week. The company I bought it from had a promotion to get 3 ton of pellet for free w/ purchase before 8/1. They are delivering them soon but I am not sure how much space a ton of pellets take up. Does anybody know the length, width, height demensions of a typical ton of pellets.

Thanks!

Welcome jp and congratulations on the new stove purchase. It's been a while but a ton is roughly about a 4' x 4' x 4' palette load.

That sounds about right for the size. We had some on standard 4x4 pallets and it was about 4-5' tall.

thats really a pretty good deal..Around here, a ton of pellets is like $200..so you got $600 worth of pellets..

I think if you pre-order your pellets by 9/1 you can get them for like $209/ton here..

Status
Not open for further replies.