Slab bundles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

awicherr

Sep 5, 2020
Ohio
Taking a pole what are your thoughts on slab wood? I know it varies on the bundle some have some thick pieces some don't. But whats your opinion? I am not a huge fan but... less than a mile down the road they are logging guy told me a semi 53' flat bed two wide and two high not sure how many total but i would guess 10 at least for 100.... it sucks to cut it is usually muddy eats chains but thats a lot of wood that seasons quick

Lots of ash produced per btu. Make sure you have a couple of good tightly covered ash buckets to deal with it safely and a place to apply it to. It also tends to burn quicker so you will need to reload the stove more often. It also tend to hold the water after a rain storm longer due to the rough bark. Make sure you keep it tarp over the top or lay some sheets of roofing on it.