Roundgunner Posted By Roundgunner, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:55 PM

1. Roundgunner

Roundgunner
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 26, 2013
    Loc:
    Rural CT
    The fake firebrick on the inside of the lower door on my boiler is broken. I have it held in place with thin metal strips but I would like to replace now before it's freezing cold out and it fails.

Lower door is bad 1 x 14.5 x 14.5

Upper door is cracking but not to bad yet 1 x 16 x 18

The stuff they used is like a fiber layer

Any ideas on how to replace would be wonderful.

I have photos but have not got a image hosting site sense Photobucket went away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pen

pen
    There are some who call me...mod. 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Roundgunner

Roundgunner
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 26, 2013
    Loc:
    Rural CT
    IMAG2008.jpg IMAG2007.jpg uThank you. Glad to know I don't need a hosting site anymore.

I saw the Lynn boards online but it said you had to be a distributor, never thought about Amazon breaking it down.

Thank you.

4. Roundgunner

Roundgunner
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 26, 2013
    Loc:
    Rural CT
    Thank you again.
    I bought the material from Amizon. It cut easy with a razor knife. I'm ready to fire it up now, going to put it off until it gets a bit colder. IMAG0028.jpg IMAG0029.jpg

5. pen

pen
    There are some who call me...mod. 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Sweet. Look forward to hearing how it does for you