Small plastic repair solution?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks very interesting. So many plastics are tough to glue, especially if you are not sure exactly what kind you are dealing with to use the appropriate adhesive.

I like the Q-Bond product too. The difference with the bondic product looks like you can reinforce and build up the area for greater strength. Dental plastics these days are pretty tuff.

UV cure epoxies have been around for a very long time. Most are cured with quite expensive UV systems that have high output. This 5ma LED puts out practically nothing and still cures. It is very interesting. It feels gimmicky to me, but I don't have experience with it.

Super glue works perfectly for me and I can get that to cure just as fast by breathing on it.

I like superglue, but you can't build it up. This is like hot melt glue, but much stronger.

The q bond can be built up with the use of the powders.

A friend uses some uv glue for his work. I'll ask him if he had any specifications on the product.

What types of repairs are you guys talking about? When I need to do a big repair, I will usually use a 2 part epoxy,,,which are still superior to almost any quick curing adhesive.

Small plastics repairs like electronics, eyeglass frames, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.