Smoke Dragon Replacement, Chapter 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootlegger

Hearth Supporter
I moved the Fisher today and took out the old brick hearth. We'll put the slate tile down the next couple days and the Summers should go in Wednesday.
Fortunately I found a Fisher removal tool in my shed (aka Craftsman floor jack):
4107548196_7b33944ee2.jpg

Unfortunately I had to get it down from the existing hearth, two bricks high:
4106784343_96447408ec.jpg

So I built a ramp:
4107548764_5db5b4aaf4.jpg

4106784845_efd85df7b5.jpg

Fortunately it didn't come crashing down on me as I pulled it down the ramp:
4106786405_2aac1bbd31.jpg

4107550450_b6d5948808.jpg

I then removed the rest of the brick hearth and laid out the tile:
4106786981_c5a5992f57.jpg

My neighbor lays tile and has a tile saw, we worked out a trade of some wood for tile installation.
I'll post the finished tile in the next couple days and of course the new stove on its maiden burn.

Wow, you really know how to downsize the pics, huh? It looks real good, but I better go get my glasses! :)

tickbitty said:
Wow, you really know how to downsize the pics, huh? It looks real good, but I better go get my glasses! :)

Flikr does that when I upload from iPhoto. I'll have to figure it out.

Yup, that is a big beast. Kind of dwarfs the Summer's Heat 50-SNC 30.

It looks like you've taken good care of the Fisher. Where will it be going?

BeGreen said:
It looks like you've taken good care of the Fisher. Where will it be going?

I put it on Craig's List for $400 and got a message from a guy that said he needs a stove for the winter, has 4 kids and just lost his job, offered $250. I have no idea what its really worth, but its worth $250 to that guy so I said yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.