Smoke or condensation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizzoft

Aug 2, 2013
Central Mass
So I know I've been running my quad 4100i too low. Usually due to loading it before work overnight and not having the time to properly get her situated. So tonight I made extra time and loaded it full e/w and let the top get to 400 before airing down in stages. With my IR I measured +\- 600 across top just above the door. Decent secondaries before I left.
Once outside I took a peek at my chimney hoping to see little. I saw the usual grey smoke or condensation coming out. It's light gray and dissipates to nothing after a few feet. Am I doin something wrong or am I doin alright?

Setup is Quad 4100i in exterior chimney 36 ft ss lined not insulated

Fuel is not where it needs to be but at 600 degree temps I figured I'd see little up there......

Same steam that comes out of my neighbor's propane furnace stack, and my stove stack. No worries. The humidity in your house has to go somewhere when it is sucked into the stove. As well as that bit of water in the wood.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Sure wish we could find a good way to burn water....

Status
Not open for further replies.