smoke out of vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hughmyster

Feb 20, 2009
central ct
i have a 44 elite and noticed smoke smell in th house. I sat there and watched it for a while and once i noticed a puff of smoke come out of the vent. Any ideas? I have the blower setup inside so there is no posi pressure.

Dust, splinters, etc get sucked into the blower and if a cinder gets in there it can start it up a bit. I've had it happen maybe 2 times- once there were sparks flying out! I opened windows and let it burn out kuzz I wouldn't know how to clean it otherwise.

I don't know that particular unit, but if you can pull the blower easily and clean out any dust etc, that's what I'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.