Smoked Easter Ham

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenwing

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2012
Northern Maryland
One of my other hobbies is BBQ. I love to smoke meat, anything from pulled pork, to smoked chicken. I also cure and smoke my own bacon, and sausage. One of the families favorite smoked meats on the holidays, is a smoked spiral sliced ham with a honey BBQ sauce. So I thought I would share it here with you all, I hope you enjoy, and have a safe and happy Easter! God Bless!

Attachments

• easter ham 3.jpg
    easter ham 3.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 125
  • easter ham 2.jpg
    easter ham 2.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 148
  • easter ham1.jpg
    easter ham1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 162
Dinner is at 1, plenty of food, come on and grab a plate!

Huh, I didn't even know today was Sunday. Man I love being retired!

Went down to the neighbors' house for dinner of ham, baked potatoes, slaw and baked beans with apple pie and ate them out of house and home. I brought the beans and potatoes.

No, been about 2 weeks now. Twice as busy now and can actually get stuff done. Just I don't have to worry about a 9-5 schedule. Want to wake at 10AM and work till 3AM... done. Or want to take a nap at lunchtime... sure!

What? You have been retired since Friday. Right?

One of my other hobbies is BBQ. I love to smoke meat, anything from pulled pork, to smoked chicken. I also cure and smoke my own bacon, and sausage. One of the families favorite smoked meats on the holidays, is a smoked spiral sliced ham with a honey BBQ sauce. So I thought I would share it here with you all, I hope you enjoy, and have a safe and happy Easter! God Bless!

Looks tasty! Question where did you find the ham? All the hams I see at the local grocery store are already smoked. I would like to try smoking a ham this year,I got some maple wood from a few trees that gave up their limbs this winter!

Here is my smoker I made it last year out of spare parts from work it`s all Stainless Steel! Thought I had a video of it in action on my computer but I can`t find it. I have done a few batches of chicken wings and a couple whole chickens in it.

640x426px-LL-38c29a1e_100_2533.jpg

Reactions: fishingpol
Looks tasty! Question where did you find the ham? All the hams I see at the local grocery store are already smoked. I would like to try smoking a ham this year,I got some maple wood from a few trees that gave up their limbs this winter!

Here is my smoker I made it last year out of spare parts from work it`s all Stainless Steel! Thought I had a video of it in action on my computer but I can`t find it. I have done a few batches of chicken wings and a couple whole chickens in it.

View attachment 98433
Wow that is really unique. As far as the hams go, when you see something in the store that says it is smoked, it is not like the smoked hams you would get from a butcher! I just buy Smithfield spiral sliced hams, they are precooked, so all your doing is adding the smoke flavor, while bringing them up to temperature. You can also cure and smoke your own ham, but that is another ball game. I got this ham recipe from Jeff owner of the smokingmeat forum where I am a member, and then changed it to my liking, and have been making it now for the past 3 years. If you are interested in smoking meat check out the forum, great bunch of guys, and you will learn a lot! Definitely try smoking a precooked ham, it is so easy, and will take about 2 to 3 hours of your time! Just ignore the labels when it says something is smoked already, factory smoked, and what we do in the BBQ pits are totally different!

Thanks Brokenwing I appreciate the info. I am a member of smoking meat forums as well, I go by the same name as I have here. I have only made a few posts over there but slacked off going there over the winter, with the warmer weather finally here "I HOPE" I will be playing around with my smoker some more!

Status
Not open for further replies.