Snap Disc#2 keeps popping on my Heatilator Cab50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

My_Montucky_Home

Dec 27, 2018
Helena, MT
So recently (i.e. this burning season) I have been having quite a few issues with my pellet stove. I am all but religious about keeping this thing clean as to not let any part of the air flow restrict. For some reason, my snap disc#2 keeps popping out, and I have to manually reset it after only a few mins of my stove running. While resetting it, I noticed that the metal sheeting around the area of where the snap disc is placed, looks like it was "melted". What I mean by this, is it looks wet, while the rest of the sheet looks like regular galvanized metal. I have been having a bit of soot build up on the glass and in my burn box as well. I have torn this whole thing apart a few times, to figure out where I may have an airflow obstruction. Can anyone help me in the direction of fixing this?

Sure sounds like an air restriction somewhere.

Have you cleaned behind 3 metal panels in burn box?

Is intake wide open beneath ash pan, or closed?

Does convection fan come on normally, if not stove will over heat and shut down.