So here is a dumb question, but I still need to understand why?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK for years I have been looking that perfect fan to draw the worm air from my small room with the pellet stove in it into my larger living room that is attached ... Are you saying I would be better off using the fan to blow the cooler air from my Living room into the smaller room that has the pellet stove in it ?????

put a fan in the larger room on the floor blowing the cooler air into the stove room. trust me it works, cooler air is easier to move , and it "wants" to move to the stove from the pull of the room fan's draw, remember, hot air rises and moves away, the vacuum of this air movement draws cooler air along the floor and to the stove, cooler air being easier to move works better with a fan, by pushing cooler air into the room , the hotter air is dispelled into the other room equalizing the heat much easier

want to test the theory, simple, get the stove running then take a lit match and hold it in the doorway near the floor and near the top of the opening, the match flame will lean into the hot room down low and into the cool room up high, adding the fan accentuates this convection current (low CFM fan right on the floor is the best)

Well thanks for this info I will give it a try this winter for sure
I tried a box fan ,then got a couple of these Honeywell 8" Table Air Circulator Fans, $16, and they actually work better ,on the floor set on low .
Either way moving cool air toward the stove room is magic compared to some other methods
As far as the ceiling fan on your high ceiling (blowing up or down ), it may depend on how far the fan is from the ceiling ,close or extended down

Status
Not open for further replies.