So what is the cost per sq ft remodeling and custom new construction?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Craig if too off topic please move to the Ash Can. I figured most here own homes and might find this info interesting
Location Eastern MA boston suburbs
$150 per sq ft and up depending on components and customizing. Same on custom new homes.
Personally I never used this formular per sq ft. I figure out the materials and get subcontractor price quotes.
If I am framing it I estimate my time and go from there. My experience it sq foot pricing tend to be high.
Reported yeaterday this area housing market is down 20%
Expect 20% increases in insulation materials soon

unfortunately windows and glass products have already increased Andersen 20% first of Feb.
Insulation expect 20% increase this year if not more. It's a shame it is going to cost more to save fuel

Everything is going up except salaries! We were at HD yesterday and were comenting on how much things have gone up since just last summer! Even further I used to by sheetrock about 3 years ago - 4.15 a sheet. Now 9.49l 2x4 - 1.79 now 3.09 Insulation approx 4-5 dollar a roll increase! Its insane. I am soo glad we finished our addition last summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.