so whats this look like

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing 1-1/4 cord

I would say the same, 1 to 1-1/4 cords. Just for reference, a 6.5' (short) bed truck slightly rounded up is about 1 face cord. A 4'x12 trailer with 30" side slightly rounded is 2 face cords. That would be 1 full cord of wood.

no... the going price is about 150-175 a cord delivered.

this guy claims the trailer holds a cord and the truck hold about 3/4 cord

trailblaze said:
no... the going price is about 150-175 a cord delivered.

this guy claims the trailer holds a cord and the truck hold about 3/4 cord
I would be leery of someone who has a short bed and says it holds 3/4 of a cord. I have a full size Serria and it wont hold 3/4 unless its stacked end to end and up to the top of the side rail. Even then the weight would be a bit too much for a half ton.

Shipper

I looked at the picture closer and agree its a long bed truck. My old eyes are not what they used to be. :roll:

InTheRockies said:
I'd say about a cord. Is that the going price for wood delivered to you in your area?
dito

All in all, it seems like a fair price for your area. Besides if you were make this happen in all the time and back breaking work, it is a VERY fair price.

Also, if you need the wood and it is seasoned for this winters use, then buy it.

Then stack it on delivery and let the seller stand up to the actual quantity!

Ive loaded my truck bed just like the picture and then emptied and stacked it. YOu are exactly correct. It held 1/3 of a cord. That is definately what is in the truck . 42 Cubic feet.

Are you guys sure that isn't an 8' bed in that truck? I use to get 2/3 cord stacked tight in my old 8' bed F-250. I say 1 1/4 to 1 1/5 cord.

Yes, it looks like a 8' pickup bed to me also. Longer than my 6 foot bed for sure.

That is also a 16' utility trailer. I am guessing 1 3/4 cord. I like the idea of buying it and then stacking it out to make sure. Have the guy agree if it is short, he will make up the difference.

Even carefully stacked in the bed of my old F-250, I can't get much more than 1/2 a cord. I doubt loaded that way the truck could hold 3/4 a cord. I would guess 1.25 cords. Maybe 1.5.

I can get over 3/4 cord in my long bed Dodge diesel. That's stacked very carefully and considerably higher in the center. I would bet it is at least 1.75 cords. I think If you need it, buy it. If it's short maybe he would make it right. I would assume 1.5-1.75. If you can live with that # and $ then don't worry about it.

lets sat the trailer is 6x16x2=192 truck bed 4x8x2=64 192+62=256/128=2
i know the pickup is high in the middle but its not nicely stack and giving the trailer 2 ft might be a little to much
best case 2 cds hopefully a least 1.5 around here 1 cd is now 175-225... so if it is a 1.5 not a bad price ..but not a steal.. but not overpriced...
ps ask how big the bed is on the truck

i would say at least 2. thats a long bed and they are 5 feet (at least) wide i can haul 1.2 cords with my newer real short bed dodge with my 10 by 5 trailer after i split and stack it. that truck has mine beet by about 30-40 cubic feet and my trailer by 90-100 cubic feet. thats at least one cord right there. 2 would be my guess. its a real good deal though. that would cost about $1000 here stacked and delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.