sold my old warner stove today and guess what

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi all, I have had my warner wood stove for sale on craigslist for a couple of weeks. Got a call from somebody who said he'd like to look at it. He stopped by, looked at it and said he'd take it. As I was helping him load it we got talking about where I got it and it turns out I was selling it to the same guy I bought it from twelve years ago, and for around the same money. what are the odds.
JB

Unreal! :bug:

Watch out. This sounds like some sort of conspiracy....

That is truly amazing.

In another year or so he'll seel it back to you for the same money.

Preused ufO brOKer said:
Webmaster said:
Considering that only 43 people live in Maine, it seems like a good possibility!
;-P
hey i'm people 2 = 45

and 34 screen names.

Webmaster said:
Considering that only 43 people live in Maine, it seems like a good possibility!
;-P

43 natives and the rest are originally from MA. ;-)

Its funny how some people view the state of Maine. I live in Maine but used to work in Mass. One day a woman I worked with came up to me and said how sorry she was because she had read the Burger King in Maine had burned down. I asked her " which one?". She replied in all seriousness " you mean there's more than one?" True story
JB

jbmaine said:
Its funny how some people view the state of Maine. I live in Maine but used to work in Mass. One day a woman I worked with came up to me and said how sorry she was because she had read the Burger King in Maine had burned down. I asked her " which one?". She replied in all seriousness " you mean there's more than one?" True story
JB

Yeah I hear ya. The headquarters of the company I worked for decided to relocate from Manhattan to Northern Virginia. People that had lived in New York City their whole lives called with some really strange questions. My favorite was "Do you have grocery stores there?". I told them no, that we kill our dinner on the commute home each evening.

BrotherBart said:
jbmaine said:
JB

Yeah I hear ya. The headquarters of the company I worked for decided to relocate from Manhattan to Northern Virginia. People that had lived in New York City their whole lives called with some really strange questions. My favorite was "Do you have grocery stores there?". I told them no, that we kill our dinner on the commute home each evening.

When visiting LA a few years back I got asked "what kind of music do you guys have in NH". I said both country and western. Someone also asked what state New Hampshire is in. Enough Said.

Several years back when passing through Jackman ME, I stopped to buy 2 bottles of Moxie and a candy bar.....got 2 kennedy half dollars and a canadien nickle for change....only in ME. Thumbs Up for Vacationland

Yup, I lived in LA for a year and also got asked what it was like living in ME. I told them that the summers were pretty easy but in the winter we had to go down to the pond and chip holes in the ice just to get our water.......you know, no electricity and all.......had to take dog sleds everywhere.

Thy nodded sympathetically and believed every word I said. I kept them on the line until I couldn't hold a straight face any more. Good times, good times.

When I lived in Albuquerque in the 1970's, I was trying to order something over the phone from someplace out of state. When we got to the address part of the order process, all was well until I said "New Mexico". After a pause, she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, but we don't ship out of the country." I had someone else ask me whether or not they needed a passport to come visit. Rick

Tfin said:
Yup, I lived in LA for a year and also got asked what it was like living in ME. I told them that the summers were pretty easy but in the winter we had to go down to the pond and chip holes in the ice just to get our water.......you know, no electricity and all.......had to take dog sleds everywhere.

Thy nodded sympathetically and believed every word I said. I kept them on the line until I couldn't hold a straight face any more. Good times, good times.

Now would that be LA as in Los Angeles or LA as in Lewiston-Auburn? :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.