Some good finds today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheAardvark

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2015
Central PA
Went on a mission today to find standing dead trees / large fallen limbs and I lucked out. First found a standing dead black cherry and a fallen sassafrass next to it. Cut and split those then found a barkless and limbless oak nearby. Ended up getting a nice load.
20190110_124009_HDR.jpg 20190110_141101_HDR.jpg

Nice, that sassafras is a great wood when starting the fire up.

Wait a minute. Can you explain how splits magically appear in the bed of a truck near a downed tree?

I would really benefit from this new technology.

Wait a minute. Can you explain how splits magically appear in the bed of a truck near a downed tree?

I would really benefit from this new technology.

A fiskars x27 is hardly new technology. When you get 2 trees cut, split and loaded then you find another tree to work on....its what happens. Are you splitting with sharpened rocks or something?

Reactions: Soundchasm
A fiskars x27 is hardly new technology. When you get 2 trees cut, split and loaded then you find another tree to work on....its what happens. Are you splitting with sharpened rocks or something?

Well rats. That's slightly less than magical...

Every year I run an experiment called "Will that wood split itself?". I haven't been able to wait long enough to see if it works. Guess I need to be more patient.