Some Northeast storm dropping scrounged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
There are downed trees every where around me in the Lower Hudson valley. I was spending most of Sunday managing cleanup, snow removal, making do with one extension cord form the neighbor's generator, etc. On the way back from the gas station to fill the 3 5 gallon cans I spotted this Black Locust on the road.
DSC06821.jpg

DSC06820.jpg

It would have been criminal to leave it there, so i can back with the old flatbed.
DSC06822.jpg

And loaded up.
DSC06823.jpg

I don't really have any place to put it right now, but I couldn't leave it there. I had to drive around a nice big Cherry to get to the BL. I figured the BL is more BTUs per pound.
I can't get over how odd ot looks to see all these green, leafy trees in the snow.

Storm droppings sounds...well...icky.

Keep that old ford and chain saw full of gas as you'll probably find more.

There's a ton of stuff down around me, they're saying 5-8 days no power, but it's almost all small stuff- 4-6 inch limbs with find of leaves/brush still attached. In most cases, not worth it right now, but I'll be keeping my ear to the ground.

S

Same here in the Merrimack Valley, MA. Lots of downed branches full of leaves, not manyf complete trees. 2/3 of my town still without power.

92% out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.