Somerset Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bee_2102

Jan 18, 2012
Western PA
Local feed mill just started carrying Somerset pellets for $235/ton. Is this a good price? I have been burning C & C Smith (Wood Pellet Co) pellets and can get them for $195/ton. Is it worth justifying the extra money for the Somerset's?

The only place I can get them in my area sells them for $219 a ton. I've read that others are lucky enough to get them at box stores for as little as $175/ton.

As the rule of thumb goes, buy a few bags and try them out to see how they work for you. If you buy a ton and don't like them, I'm sure one of the pigs here would buy the remnants of your Somerset stash.

Local feed mill just started carrying Somerset pellets for $235/ton. Is this a good price? I have been burning C & C Smith (Wood Pellet Co) pellets and can get them for $195/ton. Is it worth justifying the extra money for the Somerset's?
Try a couple bags. If they burn hotter and less ash then I think you have your answer.

One member sold off his supply this past weekend because they were TOO hot, if that tells you anything.

Reactions: jtakeman
Somersets are one of the Best in my locale.

But you are closer to Hamers and Turmans. Which are also Hot pellets.

Lucky you can GET them. Closest thing to it here would be FSU... and THAT ain't close. Like the man said... grab a couple of bags and try them out. Great pellet, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.