Son in law wants to install an insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for that info. Are there any inline, automatic draft control options? I understand that some stoves incorporate this but would it help or be nesseary for those that don’t. Are there any standard atomispheric conditions (ie. in/out temp difference, wind ect) that the manufacturer draft specs are given for?

My in-laws have 30+’ hooked up to an F400 and now I know why I could never get it to just cruise on the secondarie like I can mine.

You need a stove hooked up and burning to measure draft. But in this case with 30 feet of liner there is no need draft will be to strong without question

Thanks for that info. Are there any inline, automatic draft control options? I understand that some stoves incorporate this but would it help or be nesseary for those that don’t. Are there any standard atomispheric conditions (ie. in/out temp difference, wind ect) that the manufacturer draft specs are given for?

My in-laws have 30+’ hooked up to an F400 and now I know why I could never get it to just cruise on the secondarie like I can mine.
No inline solutions I know of suitable for use with wood.