soot remover granuels?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

altmartion

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2013
pulaski ny
has anyone ever used this stuff? it is a granular powder you are supposed to throw on a small fire and increase the fire. it is supposed to help remove and maintain soot in the chimney. my father inlaw uses it religiously so I gave it a shot. not sure if it works on the chimney but it did shut him up for a while. lol.

It just dries out the creosote to make it easier to sweep it out. If you're burning properly it'll serve no purpose.

Plenty. 450 at the stack should do it. Seeing as you're a member of this site you probably know enough about burning a clean fire and such.

Plenty. 450 at the stack should do it. Seeing as you're a member of this site you probably know enough about burning a clean fire and such.
yup, and learning more every day. I thought I was good at burning wood. boy was I wrong. I used to keep the stove and pipe at 350-400. I thought that was good. man what a difference it makes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.