Sooteater Drill adapter replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vanubee

Nov 28, 2015
Northern Virginia
Sigh. With my luck, after I was getting ready to add the last rod to complete the last leg of the job, the little drill adapter bit broke. The little pin/button popped out and started rolling off the roof and I watched, frozen in horror. Somehow managed to walk over to where it stopped and picked it up. Tried to put it back in the drill adapter, only to realize that it now easily falls out and another piece that was below it is missing (a spring maybe?).

This is my first time even using the sooteater and it was awesome! But of course... I had waited over 90 days to actually bust it out of the box, so I can't take advantage of the limited warranty.

Has this ever happened to any Sooteater owners? Anyone know what I can do to fix this or where I can go to get a replacement drill adapter?

I appreciate any help!

First I've heard that happening. Do they have a customer service contact? I can't believe they wouldn't send you a replacement.

Reactions: vanubee
Buy a new one and return your old one. Ha! I don't know, maybe call them?

You could tap a screw in place then just pop the head off to add lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.