Sooteater. Great customer service.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
Well some how i managed to damage one of the rods last weekend doing my midseason cleaning. I just bought the second set at the end of September and used once before without any issue. I have been using the first set for almost 3 years now but had to clean from top and bottom to get all of my 40+ feet of chimney.
Called Gardus monday to see if i was doing something wrong but didnt expect them to really do anything since the warranty was past. I was told that they have a strict quality standards but sometimes little problems still get through and that they would send me a replacement rod out same day. I recieved the rod Thursday. So i have to give 2 thumbs up to them for going above the warranty.

Attachments

• 20130201_053808-001.jpg
    20130201_053808-001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 118
Well some how i managed to damage one of the rods last weekend doing my midseason cleaning. I just bought the second set at the end of September and used once before without any issue. I have been using the first set for almost 3 years now but had to clean from top and bottom to get all of my 40+ feet of chimney.
Called Gardus monday to see if i was doing something wrong but didnt expect them to really do anything since the warranty was past. I was told that they have a strict quality standards but sometimes little problems still get through and that they would send me a replacement rod out same day. I recieved the rod Thursday. So i have to give 2 thumbs up to them for going above the warranty.
Wow thats awesome customer service, I broke a rod also after about 5 uses, I should say my neighbor borrowed it and broke it! He offered to pay for replacement but I refused. I still have plenty of length left because I have a fairly short chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.