Sooteater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sodbuster

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2012
Michigan
Will Soot Eater rods flex through (2) 45deg elbows about 18" apart? In the past, I've always taken that section out and cleaned it separately, but it would be nice to just take out the baffle and let all the fluff fall into the stove. Anyone with any experience like this? Thanks

Will Soot Eater rods flex through (2) 45deg elbows about 18" apart? In the past, I've always taken that section out and cleaned it separately, but it would be nice to just take out the baffle and let all the fluff fall into the stove. Anyone with any experience like this? Thanks
Yes

I think you will find that the White Soot Eater Rods are a little more flexible than the Black rods,and will make those turns easier.

Thank you bholler and double-d

No problem. It will go thru them like buttah. I have the black rods and this same offset coming off the stove but with a 6" connector in between. There is a very slight additional resistance but I haven't had any issue getting the brush and rods up the flue.

Last edited:
Will this thing go past a damper and still work effectively, or would the damper section need removed ??

Flue probe thermometers and stove pipe dampers should be removed.

Reactions: showrguy