Sorry, Another newb wood boiler question(s) Help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and running as of this afternoon. Two very small leaks in the pipes which is a PIA. Will fix them after this cold spell leaves next week
I'm very happy with this Tarm! Unfortunately my wood is a bit too green, but this thing is humming. Maintaining 180-200 is easy with damper almost closed and the two air handlers going at the same time.

Not a single hitch at this point (besides the two leaks). Bye Bye OIL! Have lots and lots of wood. My old wood stove had no issue with my wood, but I guess this downdraft is more sensitive to it.

THANKS to ALL of you who got me through this. I ran into my heat guy who installed my oil system. Respected as one of the best in my area. He drew out exactly what those last drawings were, so it gave me a lot more confidence. He described it as a figure 8.

Lots of snow tomorrow so I need to tend to my wood! This I am very unprepared.

Greg V

294699_2317652074754_1653084780_2280269_1713852132_n.jpg

Congratulations!

One week from first post to goodbye oil, that's got to be some kind of record.

Kudos to Matt for taking the time to get you on the right track.

If the leaks are tolerable short term let them stew a while, it's not uncommon for them to seal up over a couple days.

Way to go Greg - great job to get that up and running well so fast! Do you have a source of wood pallets? If you do, they can be cut with a circular or chainsaw and thrown in, nails and all. Mixing in pallets would balance out your green wood and give you a better fire (and less creosote). Happy burning!

Status
Not open for further replies.